An educational and interactive event for A-Level and GCSE students, connecting them with organisations that value STEM. STEMsocial hopes to inspire and influence the values, interests and lifestyles of young people for generations with inspirational guest speakers, and awesome workshops and exhibitions.
Our first STEMsocial Conference held in Leicester, November 2016, attracted 500 attendees, with presenters from GSK, Google, NHS, O2 and IET among others.
The content of the educational conference is deliberately designed to bridge the gap between STEM industry and education, by going beyond the classroom and introducing advocates of STEM. People like Ruth Amos, who invented the StairSteady as a GCSE project and became 2006 Young Engineer of the Year. Stories which will make the attendees believe in themselves and willing to take a chance/pursue a career within STEM.
The conference empowers and ENRICHES students by giving access to:
- Elite industry guest speakers delivering thought-provoking presentations
- Panelists and use of social media to join in the discussion
- Interactive workshops and exhibitors from the field of STEM
- Universities and career support organisations to examine career paths
- Online seminars post conference on writing job applications and interview techniques